Thursday 11 February 2016

Nice little fish as dusk falls

I had an hour or so at sunset this evening to fish the dykes. We started the day with a heavy frost but lots of sunny weather meant that the temperatures rose to about 8C in the afternoon. There was little or no wind which was nice. The water is still exceptionally clear and I think this puts fish off feeding during the day, but as the sun goes down, I think they feel safer to venture out into open water.

I was using the same equipment as last time and I had bites straight away. After a few roach, I had a small perch and then there must have been a shoal of rudd as I was catching one after another. They were of a reasonable size too and one required a net and must have been about 8 ounces. A very nice fish and the largest rudd I have had so far I think. I sat there in the gathering dusk but eventually it became impossible to see my float, so I gave up and went in.

No comments:

Post a Comment