Tuesday 17 May 2016

Previous visits to Holly Farm on the 28th April and the 4th May


I had a couple of visits to Holly Farm on the 28th April and 4th May. This view is from the 'canal' lake furthest from the car park on the 4th May. Notice the reed bed to the right which was where the fish appeared to be lurking. I realised my Middy Battlezone 4 metre Carp Margin Whip was no longer up to the task of dealing with fish of more than about 3lb. Besides the elasticated end had lost its strength and I need to put a new one in. One of the reasons to take a stronger rod was fish like this one:-



This 55cm or 21.5 inch mirror weighs 7lb and is the largest carp I have caught there to date. I have put it in sling of my own making so that I could weigh it.

All pictures and text copyright Duncan Hale-Sutton 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment