Thursday 28 July 2016

Disappointing Dilham

I had an afternoon at Dilham Fishery the other day and I found the whole experience very disappointing. Now that it is high summer, the rudd are voracious and they were grabbing the bait before any other fish had a chance. Having become a bit hooked on catching carp, it is annoying to spend a whole afternoon catching rudd. I like to float fish but clearly this is not really a good option here. I tried putting the bait near the bottom of the lake like the owner suggested but the rudd take it before it has got anywhere near that depth. Still I did talk to one fisherman who had been there all day and he had caught seven carp. I did manage to catch one small crucian and a small bream. I don't think I will be going back to Dilham for a while.

I had an evening fish at Neatishead Staithe last night and had an enjoyable time catching a few roach, perch and ruffe. The staithe is very busy now with boats so there are lots of people about. I sat there until the dusk was quite deep before giving up.

I think if I fancy a proper tussle again, I might go back to Holly Farm! Another place that I haven't been to recently is Mill Road Fishery at Stokesby.

No comments:

Post a Comment